A Helping Hand in Your Fight with Anaphylaxis

Anaphylaxis should not be taken lightly as it is dangerous to one’s health, and may cause death if not treated appropriately. We know that anaphylaxis is a serious allergic reaction that results to any of the following, and even more:

  • Itchy rash
  • Swelling of tongue and throat
  • Low blood pressure
  • Vomiting
  • Lightheadedness
  • Shortness of breath

Causes of Anaphylaxis

Anaphylaxis is caused by several allergens, some of which are found in our everyday lives. It could be in the form of drug, insect bite, or food allergy. Some of the most common allergens include bees, peanuts, sea foods, and such. The result is more or less the ones mentioned above, and these can be felt just minutes after ingestion or exposure to the said allergen.

Anaphylaxis occurs when your body releases antibodies in order to fight the allergens present in your body. This is a normal reaction of the body to a foreign entity that is trying to get in. The usual reaction of the body is to have these allergic reactions to a particular part of your body. In anaphylaxis though, the allergic reaction spreads all throughout the body at a faster rate. Because of this, the victim of the reaction is more susceptible to more than one allergic reactions that occurs simultaneously.
Anaphylaxis is a serious condition, and it should be treated as soon as you or your family member shows such reaction to a specific allergen. It is worse than a normal allergic reaction, and the results might be direr than a normal itch or rash. If your family member is known to have an allergic reaction to one or more allergens, it is advisable to treat it as soon as possible, and not wait for your loved one to have an anaphylactic shock before treating it.

Why is Anaphylaxis Dangerous

Anaphylaxis is a serious condition that affects individuals at an alarming rate. It is not a typical allergic reaction that can just be shrugged off. A lot of individuals only think that the allergic reaction will pass, and the allergy will heal through time, but the opposite is true for anaphylactic shocks. It should be treated as soon as possible with the proper medical attention in order to save the life of the one affected by it.

Without proper knowledge and awareness, a number of individuals is at risk of endangering their lives because of the dangers that anaphylaxis provides. A huge number of people still don’t know the risk involved in having an anaphylactic shock, and may be too late to treat it if not properly educated. Hopefully with our group’s help, individuals and families alike will have the knowledge needed in order to prevent anaphylaxis, and to treat it if ever a loved one experiences it.

What Groups Offer

A supporting group understands the pressure and the loss in self-esteem of individuals who suffer from anaphylactic shocks, and individuals with known allergic reactions to certain allergens. They offer the necessary knowledge and awareness in order to help the community more educated on the subject.

They often conduct weekly meetings and forums, both in informal and formal settings, to educate the community about the dangers of anaphylaxis. They also offer culinary nutrition programs in order to ensure that our community is safe from ingesting certain types of allergens that might endanger their health. Through this, people hope to raise awareness in the hazards brought about by anaphylaxis, and expect the community to be more particular about the dangers brought by the disease.


Anaphylaxis is a serious condition that affects the lives of a huge number of individuals. It should be treated as soon as possible, and the risks are high if left untreated. The problem though is that a lot of people are not yet informed about the risk that this condition presents.

Support Groups provide the necessary services to help individuals and families in their community to be more knowledgeable and aware of the dangers that this condition poses. Through their formal discussions and informal get-togethers, they hope to impart the necessary knowledge to help prevent this particular allergic reaction, and treat it as soon as possible if ever an individual is experiencing it.

Comments are closed.